Thursday 14 April 2011

An Afternoon in Little Tokyo


Did you know that Los Angeles has a large Japanese community? Downtown LA you'll find Little Tokyo, one of only three official Japan towns in the US. I had a look around one afternoon on my LA trip last week, hunting for ikebana related items.
It was a charming experience strolling the historic district, but I must say the shops were somewhat disappointing. I probably didn't find the right places until I stumbled across Rafu Bussan, a store filled with Japanese china and giftware.
So I finally got what I was looking for. I came out of the store with a white winter ikebana container, a nice bamboo dai and a large kenzan especially made for fixing larger branches. I even got a Japanese lucky cat gift from the nice people in the store.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails