Monday 29 November 2010

More Water




Many people have liked my clear water ikebana with four glass cube vases and an Amaryllis, that I posted earlier this month. So I thought it only fair to post the arrangement that was the inspiration behind it.

This Japanese maple arrangement is by the ikebana artist Naoki Sasaki. It's pictured in his latest book "Japanese Contemporary Floral Art" that can be bought from Amazon. It's a great book with many stunning designs, and the price has been reduced. This would make a wonderful Christmas gift for someone interested in flowers.

2 comments:

Makoto said...

This is cool! Never seen an arrangement like this. Also, love the clip of ikebana to cool bass music. I'm going to Tokyo with my wife in January, so love all these new ideas on the scene in Japan.

Keep up the awesome blog!

nordic lotus said...

Thanks for stopping by Makoto! I'm glad that you liked the posts. I actually got in touch with the guys in the video after posting it. Have a good trip to Japan.
I visited the Zen-Tai website - looks like a great place to be. I'll definitely look it up if I ever come to Toronto.

Related Posts with Thumbnails